Jhalawar district is identified as the 17th district of Rajasthan. The District Collector is the chief administrator of the district who is also the District Magistrate(DM).
Each Sub-division is under the charge of a Sub-Divisional Officer(SDO), who is also the Sub-Divisional Magistrate(SDM).
Each tehsil is under the charge and supervision of a Tehsildar who is also vested with the powers of an Executive Magistrate.
From the Panchayati Raj perspective, eight panchayat samitis and 252 gram panchayats are present in the district.
As regards to judiciary one District and Sessions Judge and one Additional District and Sessions Judge along with one Civil Judge cum-Chief Judicial Magistrate are posted.
At present, the district has 8 sub-divisions, 8 tehsils, and 5 municiplaities and 8 Panchayat Samities. See here for details.
Following are the names of the Panchayat Samities in district -
1. Aklera 2. Bakani 3. Bhawani Mandi 4. Dag 5. Jhalrapatan 6. Khanpur 7. Manoharthana 8. Pirawa. HQ Sunel
Following are the names of the Sub-Divisions & Tehsils in district -
1. Aklera 2. Asnawar 3. Gangdhar 4. Jhalrapatan 5. Khanpur 6. Manoharthana 7. Pachpahar 8. Pirawa.
Various district level departments and offices are located at the district headquarter. District-level officials work while sitting in Jhalawar. Time-to-time administrative tours are organized to bring up and solve the problems of rural areas.
List of Various District Level Departments:
- District Collectorate, Jhalawar
- Department of Police, Jhalawar
- Zila Parishad, Jhalawar
- Department of Primary Education
- Department of Secondary Education
- Department of Transport
- Department of Irrigation
- Department of Public Works ( PWD )
- Department of Public Health and Engineering ( PHED )
- Department of Forests
- Department of Mining
- Department of Sales tax
- Department of Income Tax
- District Opium Office
- SC Corporation
- District Literacy Committee
- Department of Statistics
- Fishery Department
- Assistant Registrar, Cooperative Societies
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. (BSNL)
- Department of Public Relations ( PRO )
- Department of Social Welfare
- Department of Sports
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Employment
- Department of Supply
- Department of Excise
- Chief Medical & Health Officer (CMHO)
- Deputy Chief Medical & Health Office (Family Planning)
- District Supply Office
- Department of Animal Husbandry
- Soil Testing Laboratory, Jhalawar
- Treasury, Jhalawar
- National Informatics Centre (NIC), Jhalawar
- Department of Information Technology and Communication (DoIT&C)