Rajasthan recognises the need for an efficient and sound infrastructural set up. It has therefore endeavoured to provide the right kind of infrastructural facilities in the State. All parts of the State are well connected with other parts of the country through rail, road and air transport. In order to further strengthen the infrastructure base, the Government is encouraging private investment into the sector.
- Industrial Infrastructure
- Social Infrastructure
- Power Generation
The following are some of the industrial parks/zones in Rajasthan:Rajasthan has a broad supply of industrial infrastructure for investors. Rajasthan State Industrial and Investment Corporation (RIICO), a State government agency, has developed 322 industrial areas in Rajasthan. These industrial areas are provided with water, power, roads, shops and telecommunication facilities.
Agro Food Park
RIICO has developed four Agro Food Parks in Kota, Jodhpur, Sriganganagar and Alwar for development of agriculture based industries with an investment of INR 614.1 million (US$ 13.6 million). An expenditure of INR 410.1 million (US$ 9.1 million) has been incurred on these parks up to December 2010.
Export Promotion Industrial Parks (EPIPs)
RIICO has established EPIPs at Sitapura in Jaipur, Neemrana in Alwar and Boranada in Jodhpur. The EPIP in Jaipur is the largest export park in northern India.
Special Economic Zones
RIICO has set up two Special Economic Zones (SEZs) in the State for:
- Gems and Jewelry in Jaipur
- Handicrafts in Jodhpur
Currently, Govt. of Rajasthan is providing following incentives to these SEZs:
- Provisions of Rajasthan Imposition of Ceiling on Agricultural Holdings Act 1973 do not apply.
- 100 per cent discount to developer on land conversion.
- Developers, co-developers and units are totally exempted from any stamp fee.
- 100 per cent discount on stamp duty for units set up in rented buildings in performance of rent deed.
- 100 per cent discount power fee for 10 years.
- 100 per cent discount on work contract tax to developers and units till 23rd August 2014 (for backward regionstill 23rd August 2017)
- 100 per cent discount on entry tax for necessary capital goods for units to set up another unit.
- 100 per cent discount on VAT on raw material for manufacture of products.
- 100 per cent discount on luxury tax for 7 years.
- 50 per cent discount on entertainment tax for 7 years.
Mahindra World City
In partnership with RIICO, Mahindra & Mahindra Group has established Mahindra World City (MWC), a multi-product SEZ in Jaipur with an area of 3,000 acres endowed with high quality infrastructure.Till date, MWC has over 25 customers, including Infosys, Wipro, Deutsche Bank, ICICI Bank, QH Talbros, Connexions, Nagarro Software and Tech Mahindra.The IT zone in the Mahindra World City is spread over 750 acres, India's largest IT SEZ with plug-and-playfacilities and robust connectivity.
Japanese Zone in Neemrana
The State has developed an industrial estate in Neemrana dedicated for Japanese investors. RIICO has so far allotted 317 acre land to 23 Japanese companies in this area, out of which the following 10 companies have started commercial production and 5 companies have started construction work.A total investment of INR 23.2 billion is expected on the already allotted land and employment opportunities for approx. 4,900 persons.
Inland Container Depots
For movement of cargo, there are Inland Container Depots at Jaipur, Jodhpur, Bhiwadi, Kota and Bhilwara. Concor (Container Corporation of India Ltd.), that already operates three of these terminals is coming up with another one near Udaipur.
Jaipur has an excellent supply of housing for incoming workers. Increased supply is being provided in industrial areas such as Alwar. There are plans to create integrated townships catering to industrial parks /zones.
The State has excellent medical facilities, including Fortis Escorts Hospital, Soni Group of Hosptials, Aravali Hospitals, Santokba Durlabhji Memorial Hospital, Bhagwaan Mahaveer Cancer Hospital & Research Centre and Narayan Hrudayalaya Health City.
Jaipur and other cities house a broad array of primary and secondary schools. The State is home to several prestigious academic institutions and more than 1300 technical institutes.
Rajasthan has in place an excellent transportation infrastructure to sustain large scale investments.
The state has a well developed road network of National and State Highways. 20 National Highways, totalling 5722 km pass through the State.
There is a wide network of railways connecting with Rajasthan with all major cities in India. A new Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC) extending from Mumbai to Delhi is also planned.
The State has three major airports located at Jaipur, Jodhpur and Udaipur. Jaipur International Airport has direct flights to Dubai, Singapore, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi and Kuwait. The Jaipur airport also contains an air-cargo complex.
Rajasthan has made significant strides in the last few years in the power sector. The Sector has witnessed an increased private sector participation. A policy to promote private investment in power generation is also in place. Total installed capacity of the power in the state is 9830.68MW.
Rajasthan is interconnected to the national grid. Power services are provided by various companies as presented below:
Currently, Rajasthan has nearly 8,528 MW of installed power generation capacity (November 2010) and is serving Generation mix is dominated by thermal power plants (coal, gas and diesel) with a share of 62%.New capacity will be added as follows:11th Five year plan (2011-2012)Conventional sources 4.465 MWRenewable sources 1.200 MW12th Five year plan (2012-2017)Conventional sources 13.000 MWRenewable sources 3.000 MW
- Wind Energy: Rajasthan is India's leading state in tapping wind energy for power generation. The gross wind energy potential in the State has been estimated at 5400 MW out of which a total of 1825.995 MW wind power capacity has been installed.
- Solar Energy: Given the high solar radiation in the western region of the State, a whopping 1.5 lakh MW energy is estimated to be lying untapped. The State has the best solar insolation in the country and abundant land, which is also relatively cheap. Under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission the target for Grid-connected solar power generation is 1000 MW by 2013 (Phase I) and an additional 3000 MW by 2017 (Phase II). Solar Power Projects with capacity of 14620 MW have already been registered in the State.
- Biomass Energy: Among the different renewable energy sources, biomass is a versatile energy source. Rajasthan is fast catching up for tapping biomass energy. 'Policy for Promoting Generation of Electricity from Biomass 2010' had been issued for encouraging investments in the sector. Biomass based power projects with capacity of 106.3MW has been commissioned as on 31.12.2011.
- Thermal Energy: Total installed thermal power capacity in the state is 4598MW.
Rajasthan has a robust fiber cable backbone covering all major cities, providing reliable data services. Seven cellular providers serve the Rajasthan, with coverage of all major urban areas.
Source: Bureau of Investment Promotion (http://www.investrajasthan.com)
Jhalawar - Infrastructure
Kalisindh Thermal Power Project, Jhalawar
Kalisindh Thermal Power Project is located in Jhalawar. The proposed capacity of coal based Thermal Power Project is 1200 MW. The project site is about 12 km from Jhalawar (Distt. Head quarter ) and NH-12. Site is comprising of 5 villages viz. Nimoda, Undal, Motipura, Singharia and Devri villages of Tehsil Jhalarapatan, Distt. Jhalawar. It is 2km from state highway No.19 and 8 km from RamganjMandi - Bhopal broad gauge rail line.
The two cooling towers of the facility are 202 metres tall and the tallest in the world.
Herbal Garden and Agriculture College
This garden has a wide variety of ayurvedic, herbal and medicinal plants. You will also see some of the rare, endangered species of plants.
Jhalawar District has a well-developed Education infrastructure.<ref>District of Rajasthan, Jhalawar. "Jhalawar District Education". Retrieved 24 March 2012.</ref> Department of Primary Education and Department of Secondary Education are providing their services through the Primary Schools, Middle Schools, Secondary & Senior Secondary Schools. Rajiv Gandhi Pathashala (School) Scheme, run by the Government of Rajasthan is also running in the district to provide primary education to the children.
There are various colleges in the district, which provides higher-level education in various streams.
- Government P. G. College, Jhalawar
- Government Girls College, Jhalawar
- Government Law College Jhalawar
- Government Horticulture & Forestry College, Jhalawar
- Government Engineering College, Jhalawar
- Polytechnic College Jhalawar
- Jhalawar Medical College
There are also Navodaya and Kendriya Vidhayala in Jhalawar.
Khel Sankul, Jhalawar
This Khel Sankul provide an opportunity to enjoy many sports and game like table-tenis, Lawn Tenis and Cricket Stadium. This sankul has also served one Ranji Trophy event too.